Tuesday, September 14, 2010

EAT

Ok. I promise I'll try to take a longer break from food related rantings after this one, but it was something that hit me today and I thought, "By golly, I'm passing that on to my girls."
Eat.
That's it. Just eat. I found myself feeling tired and blah and all shaky today and then realized that I had eaten....hmmm...NOTHING! It was about 4:00 and somehow I had gone the whole day without being struck by the notion to eat. And after I thought about it for a minute I remembered that I had done the same thing practically all week. I don't know what my deal is. I think it's partly just being busy with doing school and taking care of kids. Some of it may be my psychosis and fear of gaining weight, but probably not really that much. I like food too much to consciously turn it down. A lot of it is also probably that it is the end of our pay month and the money in the grocery envelope is g.o.n.e. And in our cash-only household, when it's gone it's gone. So there just hasn't been much around that has caught my eye. But I decided tonight that a chubby, full Mommy/wifey is much nicer and more fun and pleasant to be around than an anemic, low blood sugar one. So I have vowed to eat. For the sake of my dear children and sweet hubby and my own sanity, I will be partaking of food more regularly. And, assuming that my girls get my same genes, I can freely pass that advice on to them. I've always loved food and have somehow avoided ever being extremely overweight (other than during pregnancy), so I choose to chow...and so should you.
Everyone's a better version of themselves with food in their belly.
Oh, and for the record, I realize that my blog needs some remodeling, but I just haven't had the time to do it yet. Plus I'm super technologically challenged. So hopefully I will talk my dear Jono into helping me pretty it up soon. And I'll update the title to better represent what I'm blogging about now. It's on the to-do list...

No comments: